The IGIP International Engineering Educator Certification program provides educators in engineering, technology and related disciplines training focused on obtaining the prestigious IGIP International Engineering Education Certification, Ing.Paed.IGIP (http://www.igip.org/ing-paed-IGIP.php)
Program Objectives – program website: www.igip.education
The 20 ECTS cohort-type program, which can be completed in a minimum of 200 hours, has the following objectives:
- Provide a formal, internationally recognized qualification in teaching and learning methodologies for engineering and related disciplines for faculty, graduate students and other interested parties worldwide.
- Provide fundamental knowledge of the theory, the didactics and the methodology, as well as the best practices of engineering education to become effective teachers and mentors.
- Understand the mission of a university or a technical college and balancing its strategies to better serve constituents.
- Understand the reasons why engineering and related-disciplines’ educators need to continuously innovate curricula as well as learning/teaching methods and incorporate outcomes assessment strategies.
- Prepare educators in using state-of-the-art technologies for effective teaching, communicating with students and managing courses.
Program Details, Logistics and Cost
- Program consists of three phases: 1) a 5 day face-to-face training; 2) online modules, practicum, an innovation implementation and mentoring; and 3) writing of a paper on the innovation implemented.
- Students work in teams from day one.
- Modules include core topics as well as electives to be selected by hosts/organizers.
- Instruction provided by world recognized engineering educators/instructors.
- Professors who complete this program are encouraged to use the academic title of Ing.Paed.IGIP in their business cards, to be recognized as a bona-fide International Engineering Educator, per IGIP global standards (www.igip.org).
- A Virtual Campus is used as the teaching/learning platform for asynchronous activities.
- A six-month notice is required to schedule a program at host institution/organization.
- Please write to us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request a proposal to host/organize a cohort at your institution/organization or register in one of our offerings!
Overview of the Curriculum and Learning Experiences
Overview of the Program Core and Elective Modules