The InnovaHiEd International Engineering Educator Program (IEECP) provides educators in engineering, technology and related disciplines training focused on obtaining the prestigious IGIP International Engineering Educator Certification, Ing.Paed.IGIP from IGIP in Europe (http://igip.org/ing-paed-IGIP.php)
IEEC Program Objectives
The 20 ECTS cohort-type program has the following objectives:
- Provide a formal qualification in teaching and learning methodologies for engineering and related disciplines for faculty, graduate students and other interested parties worldwide.
- Provide fundamental knowledge of the theory, the didactics and the methodology, as well as the best practices of engineering education to become effective teachers and mentors.
- Understand the mission of a university or a technical college and balancing its strategies to better serve constituents.
- Understand the reasons why engineering and related-disciplines’ educators need to continuously innovate curricula as well as learning/teaching methods and incorporate outcomes assessment strategies.
- Prepare educators in using state-of-the-art technologies for effective teaching, communicating with students and managing courses.
Program Details, Logistics and Cost
- Program consists of three phases: 1) a 5 day face-to-face training; 2) online modules, practicum, an innovation implementation and mentoring; and 3) writing of a paper on the innovation implemented.
- Students work in teams from day one.
- Modules include core topics as well as electives to be selected by hosts/organizers.
- Instruction provided by world recognized engineering educators/instructors.
- Professors who complete this program are encouraged to request the academic title of Ing.Paed.IGIP, use it in their business cards and be recognized as a bona-fide International Engineering Educator, per IGIP global standards (www.igip.org).
- A Virtual Campus is used as the teaching/learning platform for asynchronous activities.
- A six-month notice is required to schedule a program at host institution/organization.
- Please write to us (email@example.com) to request a proposal to host/organize a cohort at your institution/organization or register in one of our offerings!
“Wow….que año!!!! Primero tengo la oportunidad de estar cursando el Programa de Certificación de Educador Internacional, después empiezo a trabajar en la UTN dando mis primeros pasos como docente y ahora uno de mis trabajos es elegido como el mejor material de Flipped Learning”. Student, Cohorte 2018
“Allowed me to obtain a general view of the various methodologies, practices and tools used in competency-based engineering education” Student, Cohort 2017
Overview of the Curriculum and Learning Experiences
Program Core and Elective Modules
For more information visit: www.igip.education